There is a complex series of parallel banks, which may be trapping banks at the northern end where two banks meet in an inverted ‘V’ with the point of the ‘V’ facing north. In the south-east corner of the warren, there are three banks: two to the east of the forest track and one to the west. The two banks again run parallel and then join together in an inverted ‘V’, in another example of trapping banks.
An estate map of 1778 shows the warren boundary as depicted by the blue line on the map above. Field survey also found banks in the positions marked in purple. The estate map also show the lodge located at the southern edge of the warren. As yet, no trace of this southern lodge has been found on the ground.
One interpretation is that the warren was reduced in size after the southern lodge was built, but before the map was drawn in 1778.