Over the last decade, the Society has produced a number of reports on projects our volunteers have done with the support of the Heritage Lottery Fund. Most printed copies were distributed to the public at the end of each project, but we still have small stocks of certain reports; speak to a Committee member at an event if you would like to get hold of a copy.
Meanwhile, all of the reports are available in PDF format for download; just click on the relevant name below.
- River Raiders – The story of the Breckland river valleys in the Anglo-Saxon and Viking eras.
- The Cold War In The Brecks
- The Military History Of The Brecks, 1900-1949
- The Vernacular Architecture of Breckland
- Flint In The Brecks
- Sheep In The Brecks
- The Warrens Of Breckland
- The Internal Archaeology Of The Breckland Warrens
We expect the following report to be available sometime during 2024
- Industrious Rivers
The story of the rise and decline of the use of Breckland rivers for transport, commerce and industry.
One of our most long-term members, Bridget Elliott, produced this delightful memoir and wishes to share it with anyone who is interested.